Monday, October 24, 2011

Vapor...

I woke this morning to the sound of the trash truck on a nearby street. My husband is out of town, so I jumped out of bed and quickly dragged the trash and recycle cans to the curb.
When I opened the door, I was shocked to find dense fog all around. It really did scare me for a moment. (If you know me, you know that is not hard to do!)
As I was walking back in, the Lord gently reminded me of the words He gave James in James chapter 4 verses 13-17. I have not been promised tomorrow...I have not even been promised the next hour. What am I doing that is of eternal significance? It is a joy of mine to be able to have my children home with me three days a week for school. We feel this time should not be wasted and that it is a beautiful opportunity to teach the children from the time the sun come up until the time the sun goes down of His commands. I'll be honest with you, there are times when laundry, cooking, cleaning, piano, football and other ministries seem overwhelming. But, if I am completely honest, when those things become overwhelming I find I am trusting in myself and my own strengths instead of the Lord. 
Today, I am thankful that our gracious King gently reminded me that my life is but a vapor. Here for a moment. Oh, that my children would remember the joy of the Lord in my life! That they would remember that I was constantly pointing them to the Savior. Jesus, pilot me. You are my hope, my joy, my song, my love, my strength, my peace, my calm, my breath, my all. I pray these are not only words, but how my children truly see and remember me...

No comments: