Sunday, October 30, 2011

Apple Crackle...Also Known As: Crack




I first had this dish straight from Heaven at a homegroup gathering. A sweet and talented friend, Tara, brought this for us to enjoy...and enjoy we did! Tara shared with us that she calls this "Apple Crack"because it is just that addictive. I had to change the name when we made this for an apple recipe for my child's kindergarten class. Call me cautious, but I didn't think they would appreciate the name "Apple Crack" coming from a 5year old. Anyway, this is like a caramel covered apple, but with a twist. It is now a MUST at our family gatherings. My family insists that I bring it, and gladly I do!:)
Enjoy!
Ingredients:
3-4 Granny Smith Apples
Powdered sugar to taste. (1/4-1 cup)
8oz Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
16oz Caramel Apple Dip (Room Temp)
4oz Heath Toffee Bits
In a mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add as much powdered sugar as you wish...we add a bunch to take away the cream cheese taste and make more of a frosting taste. I trust you to decide when it is sweet enough:)

For a visual, since I can't seem to find any photos of it, this dish presents as a layered dip~like goodie. Just wait...you are going to LoVe it!
Spread this cream cheese mixture on a medium size platter.

Stir the tub of room temperature caramel. Then spread it on top of the cream cheese...you are close to finding out why my friend Tara calls this Crack!

Sprinkle the toffee bits all over the top of the caramel.

Wash and cut the apples into bite~size slices. Place all around the edge of the platter...Enjoy! Oh, and you are welcome. I know. It is really delicious. :)

No comments: