Tuesday, April 10, 2007

There are times when God teaches me a lesson through my children. Here is a glimpse of the most current. Emma will ask repeatedly for something. After a "yes" has been given, she continues to ask. Does she really doubt that I will not hold true to my word? Have I ever said "yes" in the past only to turn it into a "no"? ( I will admit that there have been times that I wanted to do this!) This is soooo what I do to God. His promises are given to me and continually I ask and I ask and I ask and I ask. His Word is faithful and never-changing, yet I doubt and I feel the need to ask and "remind".
I pray for a heart that simply trusts. A confidence that His Word is true and will not fail.
I pray that my sweet children learn this early in life. That they won't have to doubt and wrestle and go through all the yuck,.But, as many of us know, that may be the only way they grow to understand His great love. To doubt, to wrestle, to go through all the yuck...finding in the end, God has loved them through it all. His promises never change. His love never fails.
Psalm 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction,that your promise gives me life."
May we seek God and His promises through His Word. May He give us life.

No comments: